Research topics aimed at fighting crime and terrorism more effectively, particularly through better prevention of crime and enhanced investigation capabilities particularly relating to cybercrime, as well as at better protection of citizens from violent attacks in public spaces.
- Modern information analysis for Law Enforcement agencies, allowing them to efficiently fight criminals and terrorists who use novel technologies
- Improved forensics and lawful evidence collection, increasing the capabilities to apprehend criminals and terrorists and bring them to the court
- Enhanced prevention, detection and deterrence of societal issues related to various forms of crime, including cybercrime, and terrorism, such as violent radicalisation, domestic and sexual violence, or juvenile offenders
- Increased security of citizens against terrorism, including in public spaces (while preserving their quality and openness)
- Improved intelligence picture and enhanced prevention, detection and deterrence of various forms of organised crime
- More secure cyberspace for citizens, especially children, through a robust prevention, detection, and protection from cybercriminal activities